These Easy Healthy Sugar Free Keto Homemade Poptarts have a delicious flaky, buttery crust with a fresh fruit filling that is even better than the store bought varieties!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a large baking sheet with non stick spray, set aside.
- Place all of your dough ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine. Pulse until you have a sticky batter.
- Shape the dough to form a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 10 - 15 minutes until chilled. This will make your dough easier to roll.
- While your dough chills, make your filling. Place your fruit and monk fruit in a saucepan. Heat on medium until soft, stirring a couple of times to prevent sticking, and squash the berries with a fork as they soften. About 5-10 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add in your xanthan gum and stir to combine. Set aside and allow to fully cool.
- Cut your dough in two pieces. Place one piece of dough on a piece of parchment paper that has been sprinkled with tapioca flour. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of dough and roll out until you have a rectangle shape and the dough is as thin or thick as you prefer.
- Cut any rounded edges off and cut into 4 rectangles. Repeat with the remaining ball. Repeating with any leftover dough.
- Place half of your rectangle on your prepared tray.
- Place approximately 1 tbs of filling on your rectangle that is on your baking sheet. Spread slightly with the back of a spoon leaving some space all the way around the edges.
- With your remaining rectangles, place them on top of your prepared rectangles and close the edges by pressing them together with the prongs of a fork.
- Cook for 15 - 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix your topping in a bowl until smooth. Add the water a few drops at a time until to your desired thickness, approximately 1 tbsp. You can use a spoon to spread topping on top of your poptart. Enjoy!
Shop products and ingredients:
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Number of servings: 10 | Calories: 148 | Protein: 6 grams | Fat: 11 grams | Net Carbs: 4 grams | Fiber: 2 grams | Sugar: 2 grams |